Monday, March 13, 2017

Day 13. Part 2. March 13. Mile 153.5 to Molina Basin Trailhead, Catalina Highway (Mile 161.6)

Continued from Day 13, part 1. 

Day 13. Part 2.  Monday, March 13. Mile 153.5 to Molina Basin Trailhead, Catalina Highway (Mile 161.6). Walked 8.1 miles, 1459 up, 1146 down.

Not much to add really.  Here's the view (photo 5) from my rest spot where I am waiting for Steve and Anne. 

 

I rested after the first four miles at a small slow creek called Agua Caliente Drainage. I felt so peaceful and unrushed sitting (as I am again now) with my back against a tree, gazing across the slow creek at the mountains. I thought of that much misunderstood biblical passage "I lift up my eyes to the hills, from whence cometh my strength?" People leave out the question mark so my strength comes from the hills (not the lord) but in that yoga/Hindu understanding, if all things are divine, then my strength comes from my lord via the hills which are an aspect of my lord. Photo 7 is the quiet scene on which I gazed. It is an interesting question isn't it? From whence cometh my strength? Relates to the question of what service I am called to. 

 

I've been thinking that my love for the trail is evolving from a romantic love (where all the positive aspects are foregrounded) to committed love (where all the annoying big and little difficulties are foregrounded, and one puts up with them and it is worth it). So aware of all the difficulties, fears, everything that goes wrong, my fear wearing out, my not always successful attempts to fix it. And then the moments of simple quiet happiness. Feeling grateful to be here. 



2 comments:

  1. Strength in each step. You deserve the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking that my love for the trail is evolving from a romantic love (where all the positive aspects are foregrounded) to committed love (where all the annoying big and little difficulties are foregrounded, and one puts up with them and it is worth it).

    Love this. Tj

    ReplyDelete