Monday, March 13, 2017

Day 11. Part 1. March 11. From Rincon Creek Mile 126.3 to Grass Shack campground, Mile 35.3

Day 11. Part 1. March 11.  From Rincon Creek Mile 126.3 elev 3090 ft, to Grass Shack campground, Mile 35.3, elevation 5287. Walked 9 miles, 2749 ft up, 546 ft down. 


Dear Trail Friends,

I began walking early and the sunset gradually spread pink clouds across the whole sky. It's hard to choose between the four contenders for photo 1!



Photos 2,3 and 4 show that everything is illuminated feeling I never seem to get tired of. By photo 4 I was beginning to climb and was interested in the rocky cliffs and saguaros. It was also interesting to see the saguaros thin out and disappear as I climbed from 4000 to 4500 ft. 







To be continued 

1 comment:

  1. These photos and your accompanying feelings and descriptions are so enchanting; when I read them I am transported. I love the poetic line "I was walking right towards the full moon." I hope you write a poem using it. Watch that heat; vicious. Dennis

    ReplyDelete