Friday, April 21, 2017

Day 32. Part 2. April 1. Mile 417.1 to mile 432

Continued from Day 32 part 1. 

Day 32. Part 2. April 1. Mile 417.1, elev 6006 ft. to mile 432, elev. 5158 ft. Walked 14.9 miles, 2596 up, 3339 down. Total grade  398.8 ft/mi. 

My fingers are getting cold and so is the rest of me so I better hurry along so I can crawl all the way into my sleeping bag and get warmer. By the way, I decided to buy a down beanie hoping it will help me with the coming cold nights, especially when I want to sit up and write as I am doing now. The only color it came in that was in stock and ready to ship in my size was bright red. Not what I would have chosen but it ought to heat things up a bit inside my tent. 

It was a challenging day for me but I also enjoyed it. Photo 5 shows a pool - part of a creek running through colorful Arizona rock. I do love the colors here. 


Photo 6 is two tiny precious wildflowers. 

 

Photo 7 is yet another of my endless and unsuccessful attempts to convey via photo the steepness of these climbs (and descents) and the loose rocks. 

 

And photo 8 is my tent where it sits tonight near trees and a creek and where I will soon be asleep. (And so far the miraculous "glue spot" for my air mattress seems to be holding). 

 
 

Thank you for walking with me through the beauty and through the hard stuff. See you tomorrow on the trail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment